Friday 6 September 2013

Dublin beat Kerry in the 2013 All-Ireland Football Semi-Final

I was fortunate enough to go with my family to see Dublin play Kerry in Croke Park at the weekend. What a game!

The Irish Independent described it as "two outstanding football teams in one of the greatest games of all time".

As a Dublin supporter, the game was nail-biting for most of the 70 minutes.

At half time we trailed by 1-9 (12) to 3-5 (14).

With 20 minutes to go we took the lead for the first time since the 4th minute and we were literally jumping for joy.

With 2 minutes remaining on the clock the sides were once again level.

And then Kevin McManamon score a goal and we all went wild once again. Eoghan O'Gara scored another goal but even before that the win looked safe.

So now we meet Mayo in the final on the 22nd. I'll be watching this one on TV but I can't wait.

Here's a picture I took before the game started. Our seats were high in the Davin Stand but our view was excellent.