Thursday 26 September 2013

Bought another Viera TV

When it came time to replace our second TV a while ago, I plumped for a Panasonic TX-L32E5B32" Smart VIERA LED TV.

I guess that's a reflection of my complete satisfaction with our main Panasonic Viera TV.

The main differences between the two are:
  • Smaller (32" versus 42")
  • No built-in Wi-Fi
  • No 3D

The great thing about it from my perspective (and I don't think I fully realised the importance of this when purchasing) is that it has the same remote control and the same functionality as the main TV.

It has built-in support for Internet (including Netflix and YouTube apps) albeit with no Wi-Fi. I plugged in my existing media player via USB and it worked right away. And the Panasonic TV Remote app on my Android phone works just as well as it does with my main TV.

The only thing that doesn't work (and I haven't figured this out yet) is that I can't use the "Media Server" option to access media on my laptop. It sees the laptop OK but when I try to access it I get a "Connected to the server failed" error message.

All in all I'm very happy with it.