Tuesday 24 September 2013

Dublin are All-Ireland Football Champions

I watched the football final at home at the weekend. Fantastic to see the Dubs take the title once again!

It wasn't a great game, but the Dubs really asserted themselves in the second half and came out worthy winners.

Fantastic achievement.

As I was at home (unlike at the semi-final) I had to resort to taking photos of my TV!

The photo is of the fabuolous Stephen Cluxton preparing to accept the Sam Maguire Cup. Although the fantastic Bernard Brogan was awarded man-of-the-match I'd say that Cluxton was a close second. And I think that Mayo keeper Rob Hennelly also did an outstanding job: making 3 great saves to keep his team in the game right up to the last minute.

Speaking of the last minute: I'll never understand why Mayo decided to take settle for a point at the end of added time - effectively conceding the game. Very strange.