Tuesday 21 August 2012

Tony Scott - RIP

I was very saddened to hear of the death of Tony Scott.

I have enjoyed many of his movies over the years.

I kept a special eye on him because his brother Ridley is my favourite director.

His best movie, according to IMDB, was True Romance. It's a very good movie indeed.

I also enjoyed The Last Boy Scout very much.

But my favourite Tony Scott movie is Enemy of the State. It's a classic. I have been wanting to buy it on DVD for many years but I have been awaiting an edition with extras, ideally a commentary by the man himself.

But I have never found one and I guess I won't now. Which is a shame.

Here is what is arguably his greatest achievement in movie-making:  the 10:48 clip from True Romance featuring the confrontation between two great actors - Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken: