Thursday 1 August 2013

Candy Crush Saga

I love and hate the game "Candy Crush Saga".

What I love is the game itself (I'm on level 53).

What I hate is the way it is constantly asking you for money!

A few simple examples:
  • Before each level you have the option to buy "boosters" (with real money)
  • At the end of each failed game you can pay for extra time
  • Between certain levels you have to do one of three things to progress to the next level. One of these (which is free) and involves solving three more levels. But you have to wait 24 hours after completing one level before you can try the next level! And if you want to avoid the 24 hour delay then you have to pay!!

Google Play contains the following warning about this: 
"Please note Candy Crush Saga is completely free to play but some in-game items such as extra moves or lives will require payment. You can turn-off the payment feature by disabling in-app purchases in your device’s settings."

I think the number and nature of these incentives to pay is disgraceful. I hope everyone resists the temptation to buy these "in-game items".