Friday 27 July 2012

Supernatural TV Show

I don't like horror movies. Never have.

The scariest movies I have ever seen were probably (in creation date order):
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)
The Omega Man (1971)
The Hitcher (1986)
The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
The Sixth Sense (1999)
Hannibal (2001)
The Exorcism of Emily Rose (2005)
Silent Hill (2006)

Some of those movies were actually very good.

But real horror movie fans will be laughing at my tame selection.

Surprising then (to me at least) that my favourite TV show at the moment is Supernatural.

I was late coming to the show (a friend put me on to it a few months ago) but because I am now addicted to it I have been catching up fast. I am now half way through season 6. That's the great thing about coming to a show which already has 7 completed seasons and an 8th on the way: you can go straight from one episode to the next, and straight from one season to the next.

I don't know which is my favourite episode, but I know which one is the funniest. It was entitled "Yellow Fever" and came in season 4. In the episode Dean catches "ghost sickness" and becomes increasingly scared as the episode progresses. The episode provides Jensen Ackles with a great opportunity to showcase his comic acting (and the show has little enough of that!)

Here is a shot from the episode where Dean and Sam are hunting the ghost and Dean is getting more than a little nervous: