Tuesday 15 May 2012

Most Useful Android App - Next Train Ireland Free

The most useful app I have installed on my Android to date is called "Next Train Ireland Free".

It is simple but brilliant. It tells you the times of the next trains northbound and southbound from any Dart station (and much more I'm sure but that is what I use it for).

It was written by Stephen McBride apparently and full credit to him. I am using the free version at the moment but I like it so much that I'm going to upgrade, not because I need the additional functionality (not even sure what that is!) but simply because I find it so useful.

I have even used it when standing IN a Dart station (it's more dependable than the screens!)

I see on Google Play (what an awful new name for the app store) that some people have problems with the app. I have a problem when I look at the RSS feed having received a notification but apart from that it generally works just fine.

Highly recommended.