Tuesday 15 May 2012

Conspiracy - Swine Fly - H1N1

I saw this notice on the wall in the company where I was working today.
It's all about the precautions people should be taking to avoid Swine Flu.
My first thought was that it's about time they were taking that sign down.
My second was that it should never have been put up in the first place.
The whole reaction to the swine flu "pandemic" was completely excessive. There was no need for the World Health Organization to scare people in the way in which they did. There was no need for governments to be paying over the odds for vaccines. There was no need for governments to be issuing indemnities to manufacturers. There was no need for parents to be worrying about whether or not they should get their children vaccinated. And now we know that there was no need for the now proven link between the vaccine and increased incidence of narcolepsy in children.
Now don't get me wrong: I caught the swine flu myself and it was no laughing matter. But for me (as for the majority of people) neither was it a life-and-death matter. I am no medical expert, but I'd say that for me it was more-or-less like any other flu I've had the misfortune to catch.
But the reason I put the word "conspiracy" in the title of this post is that once again it seems that we (the general public) are the "dupes" in this situation. The WHO is launching its own investigation on finding that a high percentage of the experts it used in deciding to declare a pandemic seem to have a "conflict of interest" - basically they "had ties to drugs firms". More information is available here.
I should be surprised but I'm not. It seems that every week or two we get a new revelation about how ordinary people are being used and abused by "the powers that be".
I will be returning to this topic again in the very near future.