Sunday 13 May 2012

Great lines from movies (Steve Martin)

Speaking of great lines in movies (like Thor's line in Avengers Assemble), here is a list of some of my all-time favourite lines in movies (all of the delivered by the incomparable Steve Martin):

Planes, Trains & Automobiles (1987)
When he wakes up in a bed with John Candy, and shortly after he asks "where's your other hand?", he has occasion to say: "Those aren't pillows!" youtube

Parenthood (1989)
After his daughter throws up on him, and his wife asks: "Gil, why are you standing there", he replies: "Waiting for her head to spin around". youtube

 And finally my favourite movie line of all time:

Roxanne (1987) 
Steve is talking to Roxanne and he thinks that she is about to tell him that he is the "someone I think I should get to know better". Then she drops the bombshell that she is talking about someone who "works for you". The following lines are then exchanged:
Roxanne: "You were really great the other night. It is the first time I have seen anyone be brave."
Steve: "I have been a lot braver since then."

So very true.