Tuesday 27 January 2015

Airplane!

At dinner this evening I was reminded of, and quoted, a line from the 1980 movie "Airplane!". It was just the "What's our vector, Victor" line (but it got a laugh anyway).

Imagine my surprise when I discovered that none of my kids (ages 16, 12, and 10) have ever seen Airplane!

Oh the joy they have in store!

The AFI have rated it #10 in their list of the "100 Funniest American Movies Of All Time".

For the sheer number of jokes, it would deserve a higher rating!

When I went to see the movie in the cinema, I went with a friend (and workmate) who had already seen it. He spent the whole movie either saying the lines along with (or just before) the cast, or telling me that there was a great one coming up! And I still managed to enjoy it.

Later, when 3 of us who worked together had all seen it, we spent our time quoting lines to each other! Happy memories.

Here is a clip which includes the "vector, Victor" line: