Wednesday 17 December 2014

Last Kung Fu Monk

I would struggle to name my favourite movie of all time (I must have a go at tackling that in my blog soon).

But, thanks to a movie I watched part of the other night, I have no problem naming the worst movie I have ever seen.

"Last Kung Fu Monk", as you would guess from the title, is a martial arts movie. And obviously lots of martial arts movies aren't very good. But LKFM lowers the bar to a whole new level.

Not only are the acting, directing, and story awful, but the martial arts are not nearly good enough to save the movie.

And I have to make special mention of the editing. I have never seen anything like it before! People going to film school should be made to watch parts of this movie to see what not to do. It's unbelievable.

IMDB scores it 4.1.Rotten Tomatoes scores it 36%. They are both being kind.

In addition to everything else which is wrong with this movie, I can't accept that a Shaolin Monk could be completely inept at everything except martial arts. How is that possible!

Here's a shot from the movie where our "hero" takes on two girls!