Saturday 26 July 2014

Trevanian Tour

I will soon be going on my summer holidays to the south of France. For me this is an opportunity to do a Trevanian tour (pilgrimage!)

Included below is a picture from Google Maps which shows the towns and villages which featured in his two Basque books ("Shibumi" and "The Summer of Katya") and which I intend to visit.

I would like to say thanks to Bjorn who explained some of these locations on this web page.

There is a page on the Trevanian website entitled "View from the château of Etchebar looking southeast". I'd like to take a look at that page now but unfortunately the site seems to be down at the moment. Hopefully it will be up again before I travel.

Trevanian's bio on IMDB indicates that he lived in Garindein so I'll need to add that to the route.

I will definitely being those two books with me on the holiday. I wonder if I'll bring my Kindle too (more Asimov books to read, don't you know).

I'll really looking forward to my tour. And I can't be accused of being a stalker if the man in question passed away back in 2005.

I'll post some pictures here when I get back.