Sunday 13 July 2014

Reading The Three Investigators

I mentioned my love of "The Three Investigators" books in previous posts and how I was going to read them to/with my son.

In July 2012 I mentioned that we had finished the first book.

In November 2012 I mentioned that we had finished the first three books.

Well we are now on book 22.

We had to skip a couple that I didn't have, mind you. Here is the list:

  • The Secret of Terror Castle (1964, by Robert Arthur)
  • The Mystery of the Stuttering Parrot (1964, by Robert Arthur)
  • The Mystery of the Whispering Mummy (1965, by Robert Arthur)
  • The Mystery of the Green Ghost (1965, by Robert Arthur)
  • The Mystery of the Vanishing Treasure (1966, by Robert Arthur)
  • The Secret of Skeleton Island (1966, by Robert Arthur)
  • The Mystery of the Fiery Eye (1967, by Robert Arthur)
  • The Mystery of the Silver Spider (1967, by Robert Arthur)
  • The Mystery of the Screaming Clock (1968, by Robert Arthur)
  • The Mystery of the Moaning Cave (1968, by William Arden)
  • The Mystery of the Talking Skull (1969, by Robert Arthur)
  • The Mystery of the Laughing Shadow (1969, by William Arden)
  • The Secret of the Crooked Cat (1970, by William Arden)
  • The Mystery of the Coughing Dragon (1970, by Nick West)
  • The Mystery of the Flaming Footprints (1971, by M. V. Carey)
  • The Mystery of the Nervous Lion (1971, by Nick West)
  • The Mystery of the Singing Serpent (1972, by M. V. Carey)
  • The Mystery of the Shrinking House (1972, by William Arden)
  • The Secret of Phantom Lake (1973, by William Arden)
  • The Mystery of Monster Mountain (1973, by M. V. Carey)
  • The Secret of the Haunted Mirror (1974, by M. V. Carey)
  • The Mystery of the Dead Man's Riddle (1974, by William Arden)
The ones we skipped are in red. I intend to go back and infill them soon.

I am still enjoying them (and I think Andrew is too!)

Here is the cover from my edition of book 22: