Monday 3 October 2011

Sporting Heroes Once Again!

In my first posting in this blog (just a week and a half ago) I mentioned some things which I thought I might blog about. I never anticipated that I would be blogging about sport! But here I am with my second entry on this topic.

Ireland had a comprehensive win over Italy this morning (36-6). Another fantastic team performance by the Irish team. My favourite individual performance was by Tommy Bowe. He:
  • Scored the first try (which was incorrectly disallowed)
  • Made the second (scored by “Captain Fantastic”)
  • Might have scored another fabulous try later in the game but was illegally tackled close to the try line when not in possession of the ball.
 The remarkable thing about the Irish performance to date is neatly summaried by listing the winners of the four pools:
Pool A – Won by New Zealand (played 4, won 4)
Pool B – Won by England (played 4, won 4)
Pool C – Won by Ireland (played 4, won 4)
Pool D – Won by South Africa (played 4, won 4)

Which team (according to the World Rankings!) doesn’t deserve to be in this list?!

What a fantastic performance in the pool stages.

Roll on next weekend and Wales!