Thursday 13 October 2011

New DVDs

I went mad at the weekend and bought myself four (yes 4!) new DVDs.

There are:
  1. Ip Man (2008) – IMDB rating 8.1
  2. Ip Man 2 (2010) – IMDB rating 7.5
  3. Kill Zone(2005) – IMDB rating 7.1
  4. The Legend (of Fong Sai-Yuk) (1993) – IMDB rating 7.1
1-3 star Donnie Yen. 2-3 also star Sammo Hung. 4 stars Jet Li.
1-3 are directed by Yip Wai-Shun. 4 is directed by Cory Yuen.
The action director for 1-2 is Sammo Hung, for 3 is Donnie Yen, and for 4 is Cory Yuen.
All four DVDs are from Cine Asia and have lots of extras.
1-3 are 2 disc editions.
3-4 have an audio commentary by Bey Logan (I really enjoy his commentaries and this was a crucial factor in my purchasing decision).

I have already seen 1 and 2 before and I really loved them. Great performance by Donnie and great action sequences designed by Sammo. I was listening to Bey Logan last evening and he said that he had seen action in Ip Man 2 that he had never seen in a move before (he is obviously a great admirer of Sammo’s work).

I bought the four of them for €22 in Xtravision.

I have a lot of enjoyment in store over the coming days/weeks!