Sunday 7 September 2014

Darwin Awards

This is my second posting following on from the story of the gun instructor who was killed by the 9 year old girl.

I first heard about the Darwin Awards back in the 80s.

Every year an email would circulate describing how people managed to do the most ridiculous things that resulted in their deaths. I remember some of the stories being absolutely hilarious.

The name for these awards has the following explanation:
"Named in honor of Charles Darwin, the father of evolution, the Darwin Awards commemorate those who improve our gene pool by removing themselves from it"

Now, of course, there's a website where you can go and see the most popular stories whenever you like.

I don't think the story of the gun instructor will make the list because I get the impression that deaths from gun accidents are just too common.