Saturday 4 February 2012

T3: Rise of the Machines


I re-watched T3 the other day.

I re-watched it for 2 reasons, I guess:
1) As a precursor to re-watching T4
2) Because I read a review that said that it wasn't as bad a people made out and everyone should give it a second chance.

I'm afraid my first impression was right.

The main places where the movie went wrong (IMHO) were:
1) Thinking that a female Terminator (the T-X or "Terminatrix") was a good idea and a fitting sequel to the T-1000 in T2. There was no comparison between the menace created by Robert Patrick and that achieved by Kristanna Loken.
2) The attempt to inject humour at inappropriate places and in inappropriate ways.

When trying to raise the bar for T3 they should have tried something more ambitious. Such as a number of shape-shifting Terminators that could act separately or in unison. Some kind of Terminator meets the Borg. Here's my artist's impression of how that might look:
Scary, huh?!